Currently Kupenda has volunteer opportunities in both the U.S. and in Kenya.
- Assisting with Administrative Tasks: Throughout the year we need assistance with a variety of projects including newsletters, child sponsorship packets, and more.
- Interning: We encourage college students interested in non-profit management, fund-raising, grant-writing, special-needs education, and/or research to apply for an internship with our organization.
- Researching: We are always looking for people who are willing to collect information about the kinds of disabilities children have in Kenya and the communities where they live.
- Collecting Materials: Special needs textbooks are very difficult to find in Kenya. Collecting college textbooks about such topics as physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech pathology, and learning disabilities will help us to build the resource library for teachers and administrators in Kenya.
- Volunteering on a Summer Trip: Since Kupenda currently does not have a permanent volunteer center, our only organized volunteer project in Kenya is for two weeks each summer. Typically the summer trips run in late June/early July and involve working directly with the children at a Kupenda-supported school. Volunteers have been a part of teaching special needs classes, working in physical therapy, arts and crafts projects, medical assessments in the community and playing games with the children. The total cost (including airfare) varies from $3,200-$3,500. Trips are coordinated based on the interests, skills, and schedules of the volunteers.
Please contact us to find out or more about contributing your time and talents.